Friday, December 23, 2016

Cover Reveal and 2016 Retrospective

 
Available January 2017
Cover by KC Kendricks
 
 
After losing my hubby to congestive heart failure in October 2015, 2016 started with the loss of my publisher, Amber Quill Press, and then continued on in the same vein with losses big and small throughout the whole year.

2016 has been a bad year for so many people. We’ve lost a number of talented celebrities who will be sorely missed, at least 3 e-publishers have closed, and every time I go to Facebook I read post after heartbreaking post from friends who’re going through some type of personal crisis or tragedy. An unexpected illness, the worsening of an existing health problem, the loss of a family member, or the health problems of a precious pet.

It’s times like this a magic wand would come in handy. A quick wave of a shiny black stick and a mumbled abracadabra, and the tears would cease to flow, the incurable would be cured, and the heartache would vanish along with that awful feeling of emptiness that follows the loss of someone close.

Like the rest of the world, I’m fresh out of shiny black sticks and magic words, but my motto has always been Onward and Upward. Don’t look back just keep moving forward. If you feel like giving up, look around for someone who is worse off than you. Help someone who can’t help his or herself. I know, it sounds like a bunch of Pollyanna and maybe it is. But over the years I’ve discovered Christmas brings a magic that’s all its own. This year, for me, it’s been the good feeling I’ve gotten by helping out at my local YWCA--donating clothing and knitting warm headbands for women in transition. It’s also been in the form of an unexpected invitation for breakfast with friends and their dog, Waffles, on Christmas morning, and a visit from a new friend who dropped by to deliver a Christmas card and give me a hug because he knew I was feeling low.

This is the first year in a very long time that I haven’t had at least one new release. I haven’t felt like writing. Ideas came, then disappeared as not workable, or I simply lost interest. Call it writer’s block, burnout, whatever. I’ve spent 2016 reading and re-reading partially written stories that have stalled, hopefully just temporarily, and reissuing my backlist. I still have a few books left to reissue, but I’m working on a new idea for a new series that I’m finally excited about. So, fingers crossed, the first book in Stories From The Fountain will be out sometime in 2017. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and I hope 2017 will be a good year for us all.

Christiane France

Cool mysteries and hot romance - http://www.chrisgrover.ca https://www.facebook.com/chris.grover.71 http://twitter.com/chrisgrover2 http://christianefrance.blogspot.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment